Please stop using the phrase “krisis sa Mindanao” o “kaguluhan sa Mindanao” on your news reports. Mindanao is a very big island. While a tragedy indeed happened in Basilan, it is only a part of a big land area. It is a disservice to all who live in Mindanao in peace. People who are not from Mindanao tend to think that there’s chaos all over here in the island, when in fact there is none.
If a bombing happens in Makati or in Manila for instance, you would not call it a “Luzon crisis or problem”, would you? You have to be more sensitive and professional because media has the ability to affect the consciousness of the viewers.
You can help the country achieve what it desires. Choose your words well in your news report.” —Mabel Sunga-Acosta (via thecyberniche)
Today is the 60th anniversary of the publication of The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. The Catcher in the Rye is a classic American novel about young Holden Caulfield and his journey of finding himself. The novel is set in the 1950’s and is a must-read for all!
top ten quotes from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s stone
- 1) Mr. Ollivander: Curious... very curious...
- Harry: Sorry, but what's curious?
- Mr. Ollivander: I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. It so happens that the phoenix whose tailfeather resides in your wand gave another feather... just one other. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar.
- Harry: And who owned that wand?
- Mr. Ollivander: We do not speak his name! The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. It's not always clear why. But I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you. After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible! Yes. But great.